Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pushing Daisies Sew Along: In the Home Stretch!

I played dress up with me this time instead of torturing one of my cats. 
So I've almost fallen behind again because I've been working during the day and watching Game of Thrones in the evening. Game of Thrones required my full attention - I'm sure you understand. I went back and forth this weekend between thinking I'd get it all done and I wouldn't get anything done, but actually, I made decent progress so posts shall be coming and maybe, just maybe, I'll have the full reveal next weekend.

One of the worries I had about this dress were the sleeves. I've never done real sleeves before, at least not on my own. There was that one time where I taught my sister how to do it, but... it was actually the first time I had ever done anything with sleeves and now this is the first time I've ever actually done it myself.

I had to gather the top of the sleeves a bit because somehow they came out to large, but that works perfectly because I loved gathered sleeves. I'll be sewing them up shortly and then I just need to insert the zipper! 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment